Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Birthdays

PitaPata
PitaPata
PitaPata

Sunday, February 15, 2009

CHI Update...

Dear Vietnam families,
Janice Jacobs, the assistant secretary at the Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently in Vietnam meeting with representatives. She was in Ho Chi Minh City today and is expected to travel to Hanoi to meet with officials there to discuss adoptions. You can see an article from the Thanh Nien News by clicking on the following link http://www.thanhniennews.com/politics/?catid=1&newsid=46036

Once I receive any further updates regarding any future meetings I will pass along that information as well. I have also been told that there is some discussion of a delegation from Vietnam to come to the US in March or April to meet with officials here and discuss further the signing of the MOU.

To me, this was a good update. Anything in the right direction of getting adoptions, ethically, moving forward, is a good day for me!!

No comments: